INTRODUCING THE HL-SERIES
HYBRID LIGHT = NEXT LEVEL LIGHT WIND PERFORMANCE, WITH AIRFRAME STABILITY BUILT FOR ALL CONDITIONS.
We gave our R&D department a challenge: how do you greatly improve standard Dacron framed kites? Their answer was to ‘add ALUULA’ of course …
20% Lighter than our 2020 Dacron-Series kites, the new HL-Series kites are the second lightest inflatable kites in the world, second only to Ocean Rodeo’s A-Series kite range!
Strategically placed ALUULA composite materials are blended with Dacron to create a new hybrid construction class that delivers decreased weight with improved airframe response.
ALUULA fabric has been inserted into key overlays and reinforcement panels, while the struts have a full ALUULA panel running from the leading edge to the strut tips. This ALUULA strip is strategically placed to tighten up the airframe flex, providing faster turning and improved stability.
With the HL-Series, we didn’t just stop with the introduction of ALUULA … Every single seam and component was reviewed and improved. If any weight savings could be found, we addressed them with new parts and processes, while at the same time maintaining our 20-year legacy of producing “Built Tough” kites that are designed to be ridden hard.
Further new features to be found on all 2021 HL-Series kites:
• New bladder install system = less weight / improved durability (Pat. Pend.)
• New strut and LE ends = less weight / improved response (Pat. Pend.)
• Refined inflation system = less weight / less drag
• Refined HL-Series seam technology = improved durability
• New low-drag bridle system = less drag / improved response
• Ultra clean airframe = less drag
WHICH KITE IS RIGHT FOR YOU?
Hover over a kite to find out more
WAVE / BOOSTING / FREERIDE
FREERIDE FOIL BOARD / SURF
Because a lighter kite means a better ride.
ALUULA, an ultra-light, ultra-strong and stable composite material, not only improves light wind performance but also increases handling, stability and flying performance in all wind conditions. This makes an ALUULA kite more efficient than a standard kite, performing better in all respects, including speed through the air, turning speed and light wind stability.
Why do you need the lightest kites on the market?
• Better for freeride, freestyle and surf riders. With more response in all departments and in all conditions, you’ll enjoy faster snaps, loftier hang-time, better drift and the confidence to ride even when conditions are marginal.
• Better for boosting and hang-time. With a kite that’s half the weight and has a stronger airframe, you have a confidence-inspiring boosting machine. You can also generate power on both your down and upstroke… Something that was unheard of in kite performance until now.
• Better wind range. Because the kite is 3-struts, and yet as light as some no-strut kites, the same kite will deliver rock-solid performance and stability at the top end of the wind range, as well as in extreme light wind.
• Better relaunch. Simply pumping one back line will cause the airframe’s stiffer flex to work the kite out onto one wing tip, and into the air. The A-Series kites are easier to reverse launch in light winds too.
• Better for learning. You’ll find your level improves immediately with an A-Series kite. Flying the kite is easier during all manoeuvres as, due to the lighter weight, an ALUULA kite resists both flying too far forward, and back stalling.
• Better for travel. When two A-Series kites weigh the same as one traditional kite, it’s a no-brainer… More kites on your trips means more time in the water.
LEARN HOW USING A LIGHTER KITE WILL IMPROVE YOUR RIDING.
Enter your name and email to get started…
[contact-form-7 id=”6″ title=”HL_series Form”]
In our three part email series, you’ll find out …
Why a lighter kite means a better ride…
Why opening up the wind range means more time on the water…
How to move your riding forward!
With input from international team riders and our very own founder Richard Myerscough, this 3-part email series explains how lighter kites can be extremely beneficial to your riding, and how they’re going to push the sport of kiteboarding forward dramatically in the coming few years. So you’ll get to find out a little more about the mystical ALUULA material and how, now, dass die A-Series kites are publicly available, this material is set to change the game as we know it …
Proudly endorsed by Export Development Canada and Innovation Canada